In Northeast Ohio, we’ve seen September take a 30-degree plummet as temperatures quickly went from the 90s to the 60s in a matter of days.
The weather makes us want to cozy up in front of the fireplace with a blanket and is a great time to highlight this cozy season’s biggest wedding trends. Here are the top 5 we’re seeing this fall:
1. Rust color palette: Rust color schemes of blush, orange and brown are popular this autumn. These colors lend themselves to an earthy, bohemian wedding with a range of decor options whether you celebrate indoors or outdoors (think dried flowers and pumpkins). Check out Azazie’s rust-colored bridesmaids dresses for some inspo!
2. Food trucks: Food trucks are a fun way to skip the “traditional” wedding meal and personalize the experience! This fall, many couples are bringing in their favorite eats to share with their guests. Tailored “bars” are also popular. Some fall ideas include pretzel bars, hot chocolate bars, s’mores bars, donut bars and apple cider bars, according to Elite Daily.
3. Nontraditional registries: During the pandemic, couples were stuck at home and spent time and money on their kitchen and home necessities. So instead of a traditional registry with physical items, such as toasters and sheet sets, fall’s brides and grooms have opted to register for donations to their favorite charities or their honeymoon fund, Insider reports.
4. Wedding weekends: Another result of the pandemic, wedding weekends are a popular fall trend as many couples desire more than a day of festivities now that they can see family and friends again. To keep the celebration going, the newlyweds often share a ceremony in the evening, with a morning-after brunch, organized activities and a reception the following day, according to Weddingbee.
5. Dress separates: Instead of a one-piece traditional wedding dress, many fall brides seek mix-and-match separates that they can easily swap from ceremony to reception. Check out BHLDN’s separates collection to build your ultimate bridal look!
Keep an eye on Sound Precision Entertainment’s blog for more information on the latest trends!