Many couples are opting for smaller, more intimate home weddings during the pandemic. This allows you to still get married while protecting yourselves and others from COVID-19. If you decide to host your wedding at your home, Sound Precision Entertainment offers a host of safe, socially distanced services. However, we also recommend you do the following:
- Narrow your guest list. While not mandatory, Ohio recommends gatherings at a household or family residence should be limited to 10 visitors or less. Remember: You can always connect with family and friends via video conferencing and/or plan a larger gathering post-COVID.
- Check travel advisories. If you have out-of-town bridal party members or guests, make sure you continually check Ohio’s travel advisories. Those entering Ohio after travel to states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher for COVID-19 are advised to self-quarantine for 14 days. As of Aug. 12, this includes Texas, Florida, Idaho, Alabama, Mississippi and Nevada.
- Sanitize everything. Whether you hire someone to come in or do it yourself, make sure you deep clean and sanitize your home before and after the wedding to protect both yourselves and your guests. Also be sure to provide plenty of sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer for guests to use.
- Provide masks. Beginning July 23, Governor Mike DeWine issued a statewide mask mandate for citizens living in all 88 Ohio counties. Those 10 years old and older must wear facial coverings in public at all times. For more information on rules and exemptions, click here. By providing masks, you ensure your guests safely follow the rules. Check out Etsy for customizable cloth masks or buy a few boxes of disposable ones and place them around your home.
- Talk to your vendors. Make sure they comply with current Centers for Disease Control and gubernatorial guidelines. Employees should be required to participate in daily temperature checks, maintain a safe social distance and wear masks and other necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
- Prepare your technology. If you plan to stream your event, test out your technology first by practicing with yourself and your guests. Or better yet, hire someone like SPE to do it for you so that you don’t need to worry about any glitches on the big day.
We want to help! Team SPE is here for you. Feel free to contact us to discuss your ideas and concerns at (216) 870-4513 or email@example.com. Let’s plan now, party later. We’re all in this together.