Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens encompasses 70 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds in Akron.
With both indoor and outdoor spaces to suit your needs, Stan Hywet is perfect for engagement photos, wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Originally built in 1912 for F.A. Seiberling, co-founder of The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, and his wife, Gertrude, ”Stan Hywet” is Old English for stone quarry.
Landscape Architect Warren Manning and Manor House Architect Charles Schneider and positioned the historic 65-room Manor House to take advantage of the stunning views of the Cuyahoga Valley and created gardens to blend with the architecture, according to Stan Hywet’s website.
Reception locations include:
- Manor House Reception Hall – Can accommodate 175 guests and features a fireplace hearth and balcony.
- Carriage House Reception Hall – Former housing for carriages and automobiles that includes French doors that open to a tented patio. Can accommodate 125 guests.
- Tented locations – Several locations around the grounds are reserved for tented outdoor receptions.
Ceremony locations include:
- Manor House – In front of the home and its historic Tudor revival architecture, including leaded glass windows.
- South Terrace at the London Plane Tree Allée – Features a natural aisle and the full-length windows of the Music Room.
- West Terrace – An English garden arrangement that opens from the Manor House, joins the lawn and extends to the West Terrace Overlook and the Cuyahoga Valley.
- The Hidden Aspect – North of the Tea Houses, the Hidden Aspect is a dry stone picnic pavilion, was restored and reopened in 2017 with views of the vistas overlooking the Cuyahoga Valley.
- The Dell – Shaded by tall trees canopy and the site of the wedding ceremony of Virginia Seiberling, who was married here in October 1919.
- The English Garden – A hidden sunken garden featuring perennials for small weddings.
- The Tea Houses and the Birch Tree Allée – A walkway lined with more than 100 silver birch trees leading to the tea houses.
Weddings include experienced staff and talented professional wedding consultants, as well as complimentary access to the grounds for wedding day photography, the website states.
And be sure to check out our video highlighting this historic and beautiful venue!